From: Marc A. Levy [mailto:malevy@xxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 12:18 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DML] Replacement DMC Housont Radio Console Woes

I remember you saying this was a gift..

Back when I ordered my bracket from the MidState DMC club, they were
offering it in both Black and Stainless. I opted to get the stainless.

The Houston web site does not seem to offer this as a option, but it's
possible that it may have been and your wife ordered the SS version. Why
not call them and ask?

Don't paint it black. It is supposed to be textured, and I think this can
be recreated with the correct process and paint. The Mid-State DMC club did
offer a replica that matched the stock look (I saw it in Ohio). However, if
it were me I would call Houston and ask. If it is not what you want, return
it.

I don't think Mid-State sells the part any more (they don't like to compete
with Houston I guess), so you may not have too many other options.