Re: [DML] Re: John Delorean and Reliability.

--- jwit6@xxxx wrote:

> Anyway, I consider my Delorean a kit car that comes
> 70% assembled from the
> factory, with the remaining 30% to be done by you
> the owner. But the catch
> is the factory doesn't tell you what the remaining
> 30% is before you buy in.
- - - - - - - - - -

I can't let Jim's comments pass without relating this
story.

I bought my first D new in 1982 after following John's
saga in auto mags since the late 70's. I was 50 years
old and this was my first real toy!. I was sinfully
proud of this new symbol of having arrived in life.

The first weekend I took it out for a drive and all
went well. When I returned home I parked it in the
driveway and began to clean it. Hell, it wasn't
really dirty, but it gave me an excuse to lovingly
caress it.

Two small neighbor kids came down to watch and look at
the car. One of them really oooo'd and aaaah'd over
it while the other fellow kept pretty quiet. As they
walked away, I hear the quiet kid say to the other
one, "It ain't so great. My Mom says its a kit car
with a VW motor!"

Talk about crushed!!! By a 10 year old!!!!!

Dick Ryan