window frame/channel

My window frame came partially unglued, so I took it all out and glued it
back in using black silicone RTV. Then it just so happened that I had the
opportunity to look at someone else's DeLorean today and saw that his window
channels were installed quite differently. The difference with his is that
there is an additional trim piece that centers the channel on the fixed
glass. The resulting look is a beveled piece of rubber between the black
metal and the glass instead of having the extra space filled with sloppy
glue like my car had from its previous owner.

So my question to the list: Did my car leave the factor without this extra
trim piece or did someone remove it? Both of my windows are the same -- no
rubber trim. I tried finding a part number for it, but it isn't shown. The
frame is 105942 and is called DROP GLA DIV CHAN RH. There is the fuzz seal
that the window rolls up into which is 101726 called GLASS RUN CHANNEL.
That is all fine, but what I am missing is an extra piece that fits on the
top of the channel between it and the fixed glass. My car is VIN 03633 and
the car with the extra trim is VIN 7046.

Without the extra trim, the window frame is a little narrower (blocks less
vision). But having the trim gives it more of a finished look. Is this
item available from any of the vendors?

Thanks,
Walt Tampa, FL