Re: rust in the engine?

If it is inside the engine then it should certainly be flushed out. I
suspect you are really noticing the anti-freeze in the webbing in the
center of the motor. When you have leaks on top of the motor the
anti-freeze collects in the webs and as it is evaporated it leaves a
residue that looks like brown sand. Dry it out as much as you can and
then suck it out with a wet-dry vacuum. In extreme cases it could
corrode the block ruining it in the process. This is why you may have
anti-freeze leaks and never see any on the floor, it has a large
resovoir to evaporate in. Before you put the air intake back on finish
the cooling system, pressurize to 15 psi for 15 min and inspect for
leaks. It is impossible to see them under the air intake after it is
reinstalled.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> hey everyone,
>
> i've had my fuel system, intake manifold, waterpump, and y-pipe
removed from
> my car since november, where it is sitting in a storage garage. i
put duct
> tape over the ports for the intake manifold, closed the engine
covers, and
> let it be while i have been waiting for parts and fuel system
cleaning.
> anyway, just the other day i was over there and took a look at some
things in