Fast Delorean around Mobile, Al?

This weekend while visiting a friend of mine in
Pensacola, we happen on this Delorean around the I-65
area in Mobile. It had a personalized tag 'AT88MPH',
different looking side skirts and a rear wing, and
REALLY low to the ground. My friend who has a 1998
Mustang GT asked if it was quick (I haven't driven
mine in awhile due to a tranny problem but) I said
"no, don't waste your gas or possibly getting a
ticket" but he decides to see if the guy in the
Delorean would run him. My friend looked over at him,
threw him a rev and then gave him a 3 count in case
he was game, and he was. I was amazed! He pulled us
by about 2 carlengths up to 110 mph! I was wondering
if the owner was on the list and if this was the
famous 'Houston Engine' upgrade I've been hearing so
much about?? I'm deciding on what to do to my
Delorean (bad tranny) and after seeing this with my
own eyes really makes me want to get back on restoring
it!

Thanks!

Rob
'83 Delorean