engine info

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: This topic has been covered quite extensively in the past. My recollection is that the DMC engine is a modified version of a PRV and that no direct equivalents exist.]

Hi,

I am new to the list but have been in love with the DMC for a long time. I
will be building one step by step. I have built other cars and I have found
the 4 year plan works well for me. so I have started on year one. in year
one I usually do two things, intelligence (research) and engine. so for the
research part I turn to the list... a few things that have been hinted at
but not made 100% clear are the following. first of all the engine, I have
seen in a few places that the PRV6 was in a few Volvos. my question is
exactly which years and models and how different. I saw on one site that
mentioned the 700 series and the 600 series. other info I need is vacuum
info. if a few of you friendly folk could stick a gauge into the manifold
and measure the vacuum at idle and at 2500 rpm. I plan on flow testing the
heads and computerize all the specs to develop the cams and other components
to make more ponies. I know DMC did this but doesn't give out the exact cam
and engine mods and doesn't sell the parts without letting them install it.
if I can do this I will sell the stuff in kit form so people can actually
afford it. I figure two custom ground cams and exhaust kit shouldn't me
more than $1000 to $2000 and you could install it your self (it isn't that
hard after you get to the valve covers judging from my rebuild of a Mercedes
OHC but the body will be the problem. anyway I need the info asked for above
in order to start the process. I need a donor engine first and the minute I
say delorean the price jumps so hopefully I can say Volvo at the junkyard
instead. I await your response...

Darkstar