Texas Monster Truck Update

or - "Not Your Father's DeLorean". If you are a DeLorean purist, you may want to skip to the next posting.

You my recall a few weeks ago that I posted something about the infamous "Texas Monster Truck" making its way to Chicago. In the ensuing couple of weeks, Rich has been working his tail off getting it prepared for the official unveiling next weekend at the "World of Wheels" show in Chicago (McCormick Place Feb 1 - 3). He's made a lot of progress, but still has lots to do in the next 5 days. Tamir has set up a website to track the progress of the car (now officially re-christened "D-REX"), and you'll be able to see the finished project at this same website after the W-O-W show.

In the mean time, follow along at http://www.entermyworld.com/rich/ as Rich and the gang weld and paint their way to the ultimate non-concours, V8-powered, 4-wheel drive DeLorean.

(By the way - now that I've seen it in person, I can guarantee that this was NOT made from an anywhere near perfect DeLorean. All indications are that this is indeed a "rescued" scrapped car. There are many signs of relatively severe accident damage).

Dave Swingle (once in a while part-time helper)