wiring advice for Xenarc HID

I need some advice from some electrical savvy people in order to install
these new headlights. Each Xenarc HID ballast is fused at 20A with a #14
wire. They need to connect together in front of the car and connect to
unswitched vehicle power. This raises a few questions:

1) What size wire should I use? I'm feeding two circuits fused at 20A each
off of this wire. I presume that it should be rated at 40A and be a #10
wire. Is this the correct size? Maximum current shouldn't exceed 15A per
side which would total a 30A load. This is a worse case scenario given low
battery voltage.

2) Would it be a bad idea to use THHN stranded wiring intended for use in
industrial wiring? Its a little stiffer than typical automotive wire, but
the sheath is more oil and gasoline resistant.

3) Where should I run this wire into the passenger compartment from? It
looks like the main wiring loom runs through the driver's side foot well on
the upper left corner. Is this where I should run it through, or is there a
better spot? Once under the dash, I'll run it with the other wires in the
console and then to the relay compartment.

4) Where should I connect this wire in the relay compartment? The
instructions specify "unswitched vehicle power", and it would probably be
good not to put any extra current through the main power relay anyway. I
don't want to connect directly to the battery. I have seen jobs like that
done on other cars, and the leaking battery acid is always a problem to keep
a good connection. I also don't want the additional wiring to get in the
way of trying to remove the engine at a future date.

5) Good engineering practices require the supply wire to be fused close to
the power source. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use? I'm
thinking maybe a 40A breaker like what is used on the cooling fan circuit.
Or should I use a fuse instead? Is 40A too much? Maybe 35A? What do you
think?

When it's all done, I'll put photos on a web site for others who want to
follow my footsteps. Has anyone wired a DeLorean for these before? Am I
the first?

Walt Tampa, FL