Re: [DML] Auto tranny governor

> Someone on this message list, a while back, posted that pjgrady
> was offering an improved version of the autotranny governor, but I just
> called them and they said they never offered such a thing.

That was me who posted that. When I bought mine, Rob offered me two
versions of the computer governor. One cost a few dollars more (I think it
was around 3 or 4 dollars more, but compared to the total cost of around
$400, it was nickels & dimes.) I shouldn't say that one version was better
than the other version. I'm not really sure now what the differences were.
They might have been made by different companies or had slightly different
styles. That happened more than a year ago, so maybe PJ Grady only has one
version now.

I am curious to know what is different inside the new computers -- if it is
a different design completely or just the original circuit board with better
capacitors. I didn't want to open mine to find out. If you repair your
original computer then you will know what you have. The obvious is to
replace the two capacitors and add some shunting diodes. But there are
other things that can go wrong, too such as a switch inside that can get
dirty contacts. If you don't feel up to the job, I know there are people on
the DML who would do it for you. Or just get one from a vendor like I did.

Walt Tampa, FL