From: fivetwofive [mailto:CBL302@xxxx]
Sent: 05 January 2002 04:57
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Copyright Ownership

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, DesignDayPlanner@xxxx wrote:
> When DeLorean Motor Company was operating I am assuming that they
owned the
> rights to use the likeness/logos/etc of everything DeLorean
related. Does
> anyone know who owns those rights today? Thanks.
>
> Rich

I know as fact that when DMC went belly-up Consolidated International
of Columbus Ohio,took over,as they had the option of keeping the
plant running,in fact they finished all the cars that were on the
assembly line and got ALL remaining Deloreans including all parts,and
Rights to THE Delorean and it's namesake,so as far as I can tell
Consolidated International STILL has all rights to the
Delorean,Logos,likeness ect,as John Z. Delorean,lost all rights to
THE ORIGNAL logos,in the Bankruptcy,there might still be the British
Government,that might still have legal Rights to the Delorean
logos/likeness(but the chances are they will never pursue any rights)
I DO NOT think that ANY rights were transferred to DMC of Texas
(James??)They bought out the contents of the warehouse of Delorean
Stuff(crates),Much in the same fashion as someone bought out the
remaining Bricklin parts that Consolidated acquired,WHEN they had THE
option of keeping the Bricklin factory going.FYI,They also finished
off the remaining Bricklins on that assembly line,(they also acquired
all or most of the remaining Bricklins)and they might also have the
legal rights to the Bricklin Logo/trademark (Consolidated).Best Bet
is to call up Consolidated and find out.

Hope this helps
Claude
000570

moderator@xxxx