Re: Air/Fuel Mixture control unit

If that O-ring is not there then you have 2 problems.

1. There will be a vacuum leak and

2. Yes it will cause the plunger to be off since now the distributor
is sitting slightly lower. Remember....the slightest maladjustment
can cause the entire fuel delivery system to go out of whack.

To answer your question about adjusting the air/fuel mixture: You
will need a CO analyzer a 3mm Hex key and patience. Some people have
done the adjustment without the CO analyzer and used a Volt meter
but to do it right you will need a CO analyzer and take the readings
from the tap ports on the cross over pipes. I would leave the CO
adjustment to a competent garage since the analyzers are fairly
expensive.

Steve