Re: Clutch master expiration date

Since you are purchesing these parts from Rob Grady he can give you
all of this info. The adjustable link was a bad solution for the
plastic line. Bleeding is a two person job unless you have specialized
equipment for bleeding hydraulic systems. Rob can give you the correct
length to set the adjustable link. You can replace the clutch line
using jackstands. Be sure to use Castrol GTLMA DOT 4 brake fluid. If
the clutch went out on you then the fluid in the brake system should
be checked and probably flushed too. According to the owner's manual
the brakes and clutch are to be flushed every 2 years! If it hasn't
been done for a long time and then you do flush be prepared to rebuild
the entire system as once you wash out the dirt and put the clean
stuff in everything will start to leak. Rarely do these types of
things go "suddenly". It was probably not working correctly for a
while and was leaking until enough fluid got out and then the clutch
wouldn't work. It pays to examine the car carefully. If it was an
airplane you would be doing a "preflight" and should have seen the
problem comming. Since it's only a car we jump right in and don't look
for anything until it won't go anymore! There are very few problems
that you can't catch with often and careful visual inspections and a
knowledge of repair history after all it is a 20 year old car!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757