Re: Bleeding clutch fluid

That's the process. Hint - if you have not done this it's easier to
see what you are doing if you take the engine cover off the car. The
hose is about 3/16 ID. BUT. . .

The fluid is going somewhere, it most certainly does not evaporate.
Most likely is that the master cylinder is leaking. When it does this
the fluid runs out from the pushrod (that goes to the pedal) and it
runs under the carpet. Yuck. Take a look.

When the slave leaks it runs down the bellhousing and conveniently
takes the epoxy off the frame just below the bellhousing. You will
get drips on the floor.

Dave

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Joe Thome" <joethome@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> I'm getting ready to refill and bleed my hydraulic clutch fluid.
I'm doing this because my clutch was not relasing and I found my
fluid reservoir empty but no signs on the garage floor of leakage. As
I understand the procedure, I am to attach a hose to the fitting on
the slave cylinder on top of the transmission bell housing. If this
is correct, does anyone know the inside diameter of the hose to use
for this bleeding operation? If this is not the correct procedure,
would someone please tell me what the correct procedure is? If this
is the correct procedure, can I do this procedure by myself by simply
putting the end of the bleeder hose in a container with DOT #4 fluid
and pumping the clutch pedal myself after filling the reservoir
inside the front storage compartment near the gas filler pipe?