Re: [DML] Hot Fuse

> Why is my dip beam fuse getting really hot?

Welcome to the club. Luckily, my car is doing fine with the original fuse
block; although, some areas have gotten a bit warm before. The first thing
to do is replace all your fuses with new ones. On my car, the fuses had a
thin barely noticeable layer of oxidation that built up through the years.
I tried cleaning with steel wool, but quickly realized that I was wasting my
time. If you can't get the fuse holder to clean up and make a good
connection, then the next thing to do is bypass it with a new fuse holder.
Also, if your original fuse block cover hasn't melted yet, it is better to
leave it off. This will keep the fuses cooler and provide less fuel for a
fire if/when you have another meltdown.

Walt Tampa, FL