Re: Re: brake runout specs

Then Walter Coe wrote:

>> I'm going to have to convert
>> David T's specs to metric before I can understand them (yep, I hate
>> the old system! I can't even put those numbers into perspective
>> without converting.) The specs that Jan gave don't make much sense
>> either. You are only supposed to use commas every three digits,
>> so 0,15mm makes no sense. Do you mean 0.15mm? I think I have a
>> lot more run-out than that. I'll get back later with some real
>> numbers once I get the car up on jacks again.

.0025" = 0.0635mm
.0005" = 0.0127mm

Yes I DID mean 0.15, but on our side of the big pond the use for
commas and points is just the reverse of the USA, so one thousand
in the USA is 1,000.00 and in Europe we write it down as 1.000,00
Sorry for the confusion...

What does strike me as surprising is that Davids' specs are less
than half of the ones I found. I guess the difference in performance
would be a good explanation?

Hope this helps,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...