Was Re: Accumalator now Inertia switch

The inertia switch was located by the lambda counter on the early
cars. In a recall it was relocated to the area by the bonnet release
because it was being hit by the driver's feet and being tripped
inadvertantly. There was also a recall involving replacing "defective"
or overly sensitive inertia switches. If your switch doesn't have a
white splotch of paint on it then it may not have been replaced. I
have also seen where the switches were bypassed. This may be the case
in your car where not only was it bypassed but also removed. I
strongly recomend having a working inertia switch because not only
will it shut off the fuel pump in the event of a serious accident,
it's other purpose is to unlock the doors. This is important because
the driver may panic and not unlock the doors before trying to open
them or (worst case) if the driver is unconcious it allows rescuers to
remove the occupants quickly and without having to damage the car
further. Of course this assumes that the central locking system is
functional. The Delorean venders all carry the "improved" inertia
switch and can help you with the install.
The filter located in the tank is only supposed to keep the "big
stuff" out of the pump. You really shouldn't try to filter too fine on
the suction side of a pump. Most in-line filters are supposed to be on
the pressure side. If the filter inside the tank was very dirty you
should clean out the tank and replace the filter by the rear wheel.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
> Over here in the UK, standard unleaded is 95 octane and super
unleaded is 98 octane. I've
> only put standard in my DeLorean so far, and HAVE had bucking
problems, but traced it to
> a blocked fuel pickup filter. I have now butchered the
"question-mark" shaped hose and