Re: Grounds

I never made a list of ALL of the grounding points on the car. The two
that you really have to worry about are the one in front on the frame
inside by the left front wheel and the "big" ones near the battery,
engine, starter. As to how to prevent problems after cleaning, you
should inspect them "once in a while" and they could be coated with a
compound to keep moisture off them so as to prevent corrosion. I don't
really like to coat connections as it makes them harder to inspect and
also messier when you do have to clean them. Whenever you have the car
on a lift it is just one of the thngs to look at unless you are having
problems, then just clean them. Bad ground connections can have a way
of causing weird problems especially when more than one circuit is
grounded at the same point. In these cases a "back feed" from one
circuit into another can cause things that you could never think of!
All metal surfaces of the connecters and frame MUST be clean and
shinny and tight (no paint on the frame).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Ed Garbade" <edgarbade@xxxx> wrote:
> Over the last few months I have been a member of this list, I keep
seeing
> reference to checking "all" the grounds. Great idea; however, are
these