Re: Exhaust Manifolds

This job is very messy, needs to be done mostly from underneath and
you have to be prepared to repair broken studs. It is best done with a
torch to heat and loosen things up first. If you don't have experience
at this kind of work I don't recomend it for a first timer. Rob has
done enough of this kind of work that he knows what to expect, the
time it will take and the resulting cost. When working on exhaust
systems sometimes you can't stop replacing bad parts until you get to
the tailpipe! It is like old plumbimg, you have to cut out the bad
before you can start with the new and you don't always know where that
will be. He is probably giving you a fair price even though he is
guessing how much it wil take. After he starts he may not have as much
trouble as he is guessing and if it turns out to be less he probably
will reduce the price. (Now I am just guessing). An exhaust shop like
Midas could do this but since they don't have the parts or practice on
a Delorean they will take longer so even if their labor rate is lower
the total may work out the same.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757