Re: [DML] DeLorean One and DMC Houston???

Re: [DML] DeLorean One and DMC Houston???

In a message dated 11/29/01 3:31:08 PM Central Standard Time, fjk143@xxxx
writes:

> Adam,
>
> DMC Houston just restored my car and made uprades to the engine,
> suspension, etc. It now makes 197 hp and nearly linear torque as well. I
> felt the proce was expensive but fair and the quality was high. Steve
> Wynne, the owner, is a delight to deal with unlike DeLorean One's owner, Ed
> Bernstein - just my opinion but based on facts that matter to me - sounds
> like your P.J. Grady scenario. I am from Connecticut and sent my car to
> Houston istead of Long Island which is ten miles away.
>
> Fred

List,

I cannot believe that anyone could have any beef with PJ Grady. Rob's help
and expertise has been nothing but top-notch cream-of-the-crop. I have only
had my DeLorean for a year and he is quite an expert when it comes to
problems with the car. the same thing goes for DMCJoe. i remember earlier
this spring i called Rob up on a Saturday and even though he wasn't actually
open, he still helped me diagnose a poor cold start condition. i think i
called him back about 10 times that day and every time he gladly explained
testing procedures to me until i had my problem figured out. equally as
helpful is DMCJoe. i bet i call Joe at least once every couple of weeks for
some technical advice, and he is always right there for me, always willing to
lend a hand over the phone. to repay these guys for their 110% commitment to
helping me keep my car on the road, i try to buy parts from both places
equally. that way i give back to them what they give back to me.

as for D-1 - i have never tried to get parts or help from them. i never will
based on the horror stories i have heard. they have lost a potential
customer.

as for DMCHouston - i buy a part here and there, but i find PJ Grady and
DMCJoe to be of the most help to me when i need it (usually immediately) so i
return the favor by primarily purchasing parts thru them. however, i have
never had a negative experience with Houston.

as long as Grady and Joe continue to do business in the same friendly,
professional manner that they do it now - i am lifelong customers to them,
and they are the first places i recommend to other owners.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102