Robotics

Most every procedure I read about on the list, that includes anything
electrical, starts with removal of the negative cable. In conventional
cars that's fine, the idea is not to ground the positive terminal to the
surrounding metal...however, we're talking the DMC here, you'd be hard
pressed to find any metal around the battery compartment that you could
reach with a wrench. Remove the the positive cable, it's closer and
it's much easier to deal with.