Re: Starting Problems

You really need to determine the system causing the problem. It could
be either fuel or ignition. The next time it won't start see if you
are getting spark. This will send you into the right trubleshooting
path. No spark and it's electrical, spark means fuel system trouble.
I am going to guess that since it eventually starts without changing
anything that it is ignition related. How old are the ignition wires
and were the plugs ever cleaned and gapped? The accumulater "fix" is
only meant to diagnose a hard hot start so I wouldn't have expected it
to mean anything. Does it seem worse when the humidity is high? This
would point to ignition breakdown. If it starts easily after it is
warmed up this also indicates ignition breakdown. Of course fuel
system problems could also mimic these symptoms. When was the car last
tuned up. 9 times out of 10 these symptoms finally lead an owner to do
the tune-up he was putting off and replacing the usual parts "fixes"
the problems. Wintertime is a great time to do the maintaince you put
off during the driving season.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

[Duplicate quote deleted by moderator]