Re: [DML] urethane bushings?

Ralf - The urethane bushings were purchased through Honest
Performance, in Renton, WA, USA. The brand is "Prothane", and the
parent company is Dee Engineering, Inc., Costa Mesa, CA 92626. The
part numbers are as follows: 8-1201-BL (Honda CVC/CRX Strut Rod bush
kit) - These are what I used for the sway bar-to-lower control arm
connection. They are the correct diameter, but must be thinned down
to the length of the steel sleeves in the original bushings. Grind
down the "flat side", which is opposite from the side with a molded-
in ridge. Also, a rotary rasp can be used to open up the hole in the
middle to accept the salvaged steel sleeves. I peeled them out of
the old rubber bushings, and simply pressed them into the urethane
parts. The flat sides are installed against the washers, and the
molded-in ridge goes into the hole in the lower control arm. Torque
the retention nuts per the manual (right, David T. ?), and install
jam nuts (if present).

19-1130-BL (sway bar bush kit 3/4" fits "B" brkt) - For the front
sway bar attachment to the frame extensions. Bolt-in, but I
mentioned ealier that I modified them slightly to eliminate a
tendency of the bushings to migrate sideways under load. Check in
with me if you need more info. I would also use their special
urethane grease, part number 19-1750, for all installations with
urethane. No groaning or squeaking during suspension movement. I
hope that this is helpful. The handling improvement is fantastic
(IMHO) when the car is driven near the "corners of the envelope".

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Ralf Philipp" <doc.brown@xxxx> wrote:

> Were did you get these urethane bushings from? I didn't find a
source for them, so far.