gas ran over

I just filled up my tank and had a few problems....
For once the trigger hold worked-- and sure enough it didn't work at all and
gas over-flowed while I was checking everything else on the car.
Gas flowed down into the trunk area, pooled above the bolt/nut above the
wheel-well.
I got a rag and soaked that out of there.
Gas also ran all the way up front along the ridge that is suppossed to
channel light quantities of fluid down out and away from the trunk.

Now then... I'm airing the trunk out. What pieces/parts should I be double
checking for problems in the next few days?

---------
I read this somewhere:
"most experts agree that the end of the world will come by accident, most
likely. That's where we come in; we're Computer Experts, we make accidents."