TYRE WEAR

I would like to thank all those who responded to my query regarding the excessive tyre (rear tyres) wear on my 'D'. You have been a big help. In relation to Scott Arnold's comments regarding tread wear rating; unfortunately Aussie tyres do not display a tread wear rating which makes it difficult to determine the density of the rubber.

I have taken the car to the service centre which fitted the tyres and they are looking into the matter.

Is there a method by which to check the alignment of the rear wheels? I shouldn't imagine that the alignment would be a problem, however I would appreciate any feedback that may suggest otherwise. I note that the left tyre has worn slightly more than the right.

Lance Haslewood