Re: epoxy damage from brake fluid

I've never found ANY paint that is brake-fluid resistant. Even POR15.
The only way you could treat a frame to be impervious to it would be
to galvanize it.

This is harder than it sounds because you have to get the epoxy off
first. The only effective way to do that is heat. It's impossible to
get the epoxy off the inside boxed in areas without cutting parts of
the frame open and then re-welding it. The galvanizing process will
loosen any epoxy you miss and turn it into a globby mess. It will
also fill in all the holes in the frame, like where suspension parts
are attached and screws threaded in. It takes a lot of time.

Galvanizing has been done, there was a writeup on it in DeLorean
World a few years ago.

Fixing what you have is a lot of work, but a whole lot less than
galvanizing. If you are really worried about the brake fluid problem,
change the master before it leaks, say every 10 years or so. A lot
cheaper in the long run.

BTW - the epoxy that has been damaged will eventually harden back up
somewhat but it will not re-adhere itself to the frame. May as well
strip it off now.

Dave