passenger side door - misalignment?

Hey all,

this evening while trying to determine the cause of my problems in my
previous email ("T-panel"), i checked a couple of things:

1. the metal box that the door hinges go into doesn't seem to be unglued
from the fiberglass. it doesn't move at all when i open the doors, so that
is not the problem.

2. the passenger side door seems to be raised up a couple of millimeters
higher than the rest of the car, from all sides. it is higher than the rear
quarter panel on top and the windshield trim piece by a couple of
millimeters, and it seems to not be flush with the front and rear quarters by
about one millimeter perhaps, maybe two. in contrast, the driver's side door
is an example in perfection. it is totally flush from all sides, it opens
fully every time in every temperature, and the latches close at exactly the
same time every time.

is there a way to correct this condition, could it be the reason why the
passenger door tends to rub against my T-panel? i have the T-panel removed
right now and i would like to correct whatever needs correcting while i have
it out and the car is in winter storage.

Thanks as always,
Andy