Re: [DML] Up to date styling?

In your writeup to the DeLorean on that comparison to other late 1970's cars, you say it
was made an "official prototype in 1997"? I'm curious as to what exactly this means? Do
any of the prototype D's still exist, and what you you mean by "Official" (by who, and
since when do prototypes have to be made official?) and why 1997?

Joe