Re: [DML] Re: Middle Eastern DeLoreans?

In a message dated 28-Oct-01 5:25:04 PM GMT Standard Time, james@xxxx
writes:

> And the last bit of 'urban myth', supposedly one of the Middle Eastern
> DeLoreans was painted pink by the owner...anyone know anything about that?

James,
There were two DeLorean dealerships in Saudi Arabia; one on Jeddah and one in
Riyadh. They both carried the standard dealer compliment of cars and spares.
When the factory closed they had some difficulty selling their stock, but
quite a number of cars were purchased new by English workers out there on the
oil fields. By 1990 everything had been sold, but I was offered a painted
pink DeLorean for 40,000 Riya by the Jeddah dealer. (I declined his offer on
this "pink panther" car!)

In Kuwait City a similar dealership existed. After the Gulf war the only
remaining DeLorean known to exist was rescued by Captain Stephen Carrington
of UNIKOM (United Nations Iraq-Kuwait Observation Mission). He shipped the
car back to England and after fitting out the interior with yellow and purple
leather interior he sold the car.
Robert Lamrock
Belfast