RE: [DML] Winter Deloreans

	I got my 2nd delorean as a daily driver two years ago in december.
In fabruary I went to school one saturday morning to take the SAT, and when
I came out there was an inch of snow on the road. Living in a little town
in TN we only have 1 snow plow, and I had had my license for only about 4
months. I came out and got in my Deloran and started to drive out of the
parking lot. I slid all around in the lot, but once I got on the main road
I was driving a cool miles an our without a problem. There was this little
hill that was coming up on the road which I would need to go down and turn
right at the bottom. As soon as I tapped the braked the wheels locked
quikly and I was sliding into the bankment on the right side of the road.
Lucky for me however I turned the wheel hard left and I hit the embank menbt
at just the right angle that the only thing that hit was the front wheel. I
bounced off that side and got just enough traction to avoid hitting the car
that was turnign, and I went on my merry way. I considered myself lucky,
however, I do not believe that had I been driving any other car of mine I
would have come out without and accident. There are cars that handle better
in the snow than the delorean, quite a few, but in terms of sports cars, if
you are going to drive one all year, the delorean is not particularly bad in
this respect. Had I been drivng my nissan 240sx or a corvete I think I
still would have skidded, and since the delorean does not have power
steering it is easy to feel when you have traction. If I was picking a car
to drive in the snow it would not be the delorean, but if I was picking a
car to drive all year, which might include a few days of snow I would...
well I already did pick the delorean, I and I like my decision.
my 2 cents
Joe Palatinus
VIN 17167 6808