Re: Heater Problem

Bleed the cooling system and make sure you have enough coolant in it.
If you still don't get any heat feel the hoses going to the heater and
see if they are cold. If they are cold look for a kinked hose, blocked
heater core or stuck heater valve. If the engine never warms up are
your fans runnng continuosly and maybe you have a missing or stuck
open thermostat. Look at your temp gauge. It is bad to run a motor
that never warms up. The heater valve is all the way in front of the
motor and if you can find it you can move it by hand to see if it is
stuck.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, deloreanss@xxxx wrote:
> I am having a mysterious problem with my heater. The problem is that
there is
> no heat. I am speculating that it could be the hot water valve that
allows
> the hot water to flow into the heater core, but I do not know how to
test
> this theory. I don't think that it could be the heater core b/c I
would think
> that would be evidenced by a leak or something. The only other idea
I have is