removing mirror glass

Hi,
The passenger side mirror on my car is cracked/shattered. It was like
that when I got the car. How it happend I don't know but there are no dents
on the door. How can you remove the glass? does it pop out or does it have
to be heated and taken off? please let me know. I would feel better with
that mirror working!

Thanks
David