RE: [DML] DAILY DRIVER DMC

I am a freshman in college and have my second delorean as my daily driver,
and it works out great, however, I must say that I think my situation is a
little unique. I have had my driving delorean for almost two years already.
I know damn near every bolt on that car, I have felt every wire and I am
secure in my knowledge of my car because I had the chance to drive it for a
year and a half when i was still living with my parents and I was able to
tweak it to its current condition. If you do not have a lot of mechanical
knowledge or have not had the delorean for at least a year prior to going to
college, I advise you WAIT. Here is an example why.....
Last week I was driving my car here in NC and I heard the clunk in the back,
yes The Trailing arm bolt clunk, If you have driven a delorean for several
thousand miles you have probably had to deal with the trailing arm bolt
problem, I had to replace the right trailing arm bolt about a year ago, so
now the left one needed to be replaced. This past weekend was fall break, I
drove the 250 miles home veery slowly knowing that I had a bad left trailing
arm bolt, I replaced it when i got home to TN and it sure enough was bent
really bad. If I had not had the experience before I would not have known
to replace it and this could have been a very very dangerous thing.
I am fortunate that I got the car my junior year of high school and was able
to prepare it.
Good luck Adam whatever you end up doing
Joe Palatinus
VIN 17167 Daily College driver
+ VIN 6808