Re: [DML] How to add a fuel pressure monitor

Re: [DML] How to add a fuel pressure monitor

I installed complete set of gauges in the engine compartment about a year
ago and find that they are invaluable when working on the car. I have
included a couple of pics. The gauges include: fuel pressure, (mid engine)
manifold vacuum pressure,(front center) tachometer, (upper left corner)
water temp, voltage and oil pressure (Bottom right cluster). None need to be
oil filled except for the manifold vacuum gauge due to the
pulse-fluctuations in the manifold. (otherwise the needle bounces all over
the place.) Other than that, they were pretty easy to install, mostly some
drilling and tapping. The fuel pressure gauge was simply an add-on using a
double banjo bolt that is readily available from your local volvo dealer.
The whole setup ran about $120.00 and was well worth it! It makes working on
the engine so much easier when all the engine's vital info is right there in
front of you.
Rustproof
Vin 1559
p.s.
Thanks to everyone who helped me work out that high idle problem. Everything
runs just fine now.