Re: [DML] no start problem

If your having a problem with the Idle Speed Circuit, there is one
easy way to find out. Hold the gas pedal about ½ way down, and start
the car. The engine should fire up. But when you take your foot off
the pedal, the RPM's fall at a normal rate. Only now they will drop
down to 0 and kill the engine.

It sounds to me like you have a bad ground connection. I did have a
problem with a wire that went bad in the circuit. But I don't think
you are having the same problem that I did. You said before that you
grounded the connection, and everything worked ok after that. So this
sounds like you had the problem already diagnosed/cured. I am curious
though as to where you grounded the connection at (I'll explaine why).

Now, there is one more thing. The microswith doesn't just turn the
Idle Speed Circuit on. It also activates a small solenoid on the back
of the engine. That's why there is an inline diode to prevent
feedback (section D:05:02). What is tied into this circuit is a
vaccum solenoid. The EXACT operation of this solenoid and it purpose,
I'm honestly not 100% sure. I think that it kills that vaccum
connection between the distributor, and the thermal switch to prevent
enrichment of the fuel durring idle. In other words it kills the
vaccum to the Control Pressure Regulator. Although the lines do also
conect up to the engine. But since it is tied in a way to both your
problems (vaccum/engine performance & idle speed electrical
connection), it is something that you will want to investigate. I
would reccomend that you first call your friendly DeLorean vendor for
a complete explanation of the circuit, as well as a diagnosis.
Perhaps the 2-prong connection on the back is dirty, and just needs
to be cleaned.

I hope this helps you track down your problem by shedding a little
more light on the subject w/a differant angle on things.

-Robert