Re: a/c pulley bearings bad design

Walt and Group, Let me correct my self.
#1. The Black seal bearing made in China are your standard run of the
mill bearings. Who knows how long they will last.
#2. The EMQ Bearing ( Electrical Equiptment Quality ) This is the
best, Made in Tiwan soon to be made in China, Best metal, Best grease
and used in the alternators. You can normally tell them by the
Orange,Blue or brown seal. Normally the brown seal is the extra wide
bearing used in some limited applications. The color will vary by
supplier. These do cost a little more and might be harder to find,
but will last.
#3. An application of the black seal bearing is used as the pilot
bearing in the clutch. This would be an application of limited usage
compared to the treatment of the pulleys on the alternator or the
idler puleys.
I will get some of the bearings and put them on the site for you to
purchase or exchange.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com