NCDMC

I just reaturned from the NCDMC Gullwing Extravaganza.
In a word, it was awesome.

My numbers may be off, but we had around 25 DeLoreans,
10 Bricklins and 4 or 5 Mercedes Gullwings in
attendance. (It is seldom you see one Mercedes
Gullwing outside of a museum, let alone 4 or 5
immaculately restored cars.)

Speaking of museums, the Blackhawk Auto Museum is
truly magnificent. The collection takes your breath
away. Then, they allowed us a very special luxury of
parking our cars in the patio in front of the museum
to take pictures. (BTW, this is not something they do
all the time. I was there a couple of years ago and a
Corvette gathering was forced to park in the remote
lot while our DeLoreans were allowed on the patio that
time, as well.)
Our Friday banquet was served in the Museum,
surrounded by literally millions of dollars worth of
cars. What an experience.

The winery tour was nice. The tour of the USS Hornet
was very impressive. The weekend included the usual
"show & shine"/concours and tech talks plus vendor
tables.

Kudos to Ken Montgomery and his friends in the NCDMC
for being gracious hosts and putting on a very fun
weekend.

BTW, another 2500 miles on the D for this trip and it
again ran like a top. We put 900 miles on in one day
so you know we were "getting the carbon out". Geez,
this is a really fun road car.

Dick
Ryan
VIN16867