Re: Attention customers of HAGERTY and GRUNDY

Re: Attention customers of HAGERTY and GRUNDY

I have yet to pick up my first DeLorean, so I have no idea what
Hagerty and Grundy are all about. However, for those who are
scratching their heads on insurance, here is how I believe it works.
Feel free to debate if you think I am wrong.

If memory serves me correctly, if your car is hit in the parking lot,
the person that hit it is of course liable, and their Liability
coverage should pay for it (or you can probably sue them if they don't
have insurance, but no promises there). However, if it was a hit and
run, then it may be impossible, without good witnesses, to find the
liable person. In this case, the damage can still be covered by
Collision coverage, just as if you had hit someone else. Of course,
this requires that you HAVE Collision coverage, which is usually the
most expensive. Now, if your car is stolen, you need yet a different
coverage, Comprehensive. Comp is good because it is usually cheap and
covers non-collision events like theft and various acts of nature.

I am familiar with Shelter Insurance in the mid-west, and I don't know
if they insure DeLoreans or not. However, I do know that they at
least have rating data on DeLoreans, which is a good bet that they
might insure them.

Just my two cents...