Re: [DML] Is LockZilla Expensive ? / Bob Zilla

Re: [DML] Is LockZilla Expensive ? / Bob Zilla

Group, I would like to express my thoughts as to what Bob Zilla is saying
about R & D. He is right on target with all the expense that goes into a
product. Virtually all products have the upfront cost of R & D. I own a Book
distributing company, and just to let you know that even books have a 6X to
10X of the print cost. So a book that cost $2.00 to print you will see in the
retail store at $14.95 up.
We at SpecialTauto also spend a lot of time and money finding parts, initial
assembly and testing to come up with a product that will work consistently
over a long period of time. If it wasn't for the love of the De Lorean car,
I'm sure Bob or anyone else wouldn't take the time to do what we do. It isn't
a big money making project because of the quanity of cars out there, it's
because we like the cars and would like to help out the De Lorean community
and it's somewhat of a challenge to try to come up with (as the old saying
goes: a better Buggy whip.). An example is the present problem with what GM
did with the Voltage regulators for the aftermarket alternators. They are
failing big time. So we researched out another light wire only regulator,
tested it on the car for as long as I could till I had to ship it. Now I have
been testing a new voltage adjustable regulator alternator and it's working
great. Point is: Time and money. You can't always go by what the catalogs say
on the parts. We have to build and test. All I can say to anyone building
anything and trying to reach the final goal of building a company or a
product. There are people that do nothing but sit back and criticize the
efforts of others and do nothing, then there are those people who are doing
something about the problem. Do the best you can, and keep on trying no
matter what the cost.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/alternators.shtml