From: Delorean17@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 9:59 PM
Subject: [DML] strange idle

Hi,
Ever since I have purchase my car it has had a small idle problem.
Sometimes it acts like the microswitch isn't engaging and will idle around
1300 Rpm's or so. The microswitch is properly adjusted and clicks everytime
the pedal is down. If you rev the engine high and then let it come back down
it will idle correctly around 800 Rpm's. I think the idle speed motor may be
sticking. When I remove the connector from the idle speed motor nothing
happens. Driving with it hooked up or disconnected makes no difference in
the cars idling. Yes, the 3 adjustment screws on the intake are all the way
in. I cleaned the motor contacts but still nothing. I know where a Volvo
760 is that has the same idle speed motor. I will take a trip out and get it
if you think that is what it could be. Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.