Re: [DML] Universal joint

I was just fist-fighting my rack and pinion a few weeks ago... I'll also
admit that that u-joint on the rack was a pain to get off- not much room
to get any sort of leverage.. I unbolted the tightening bolt on the
joint, tried to spread it a bit with a screwdriver. I then stuffed a
flat head inside the lower U on the U-joint to push the rack's splined
shaft downward. That helped the movement a bit. After a half hour I
think I just started yanking on the old rack and hitting it with various
objects I could find- you know, mitre saw, 5-lb hammer. I can't recall
exactly. Maybe the beer or maybe I'm just trying to block it out of my
mind. It does come off, but certainly with a bit of force.. good luck.

1537