Re: [DML] Delorean in People Magazine

You also have to realize that the recession of 1982 was the deepest
financial plunge the U.S. economy had taken since the great depresssion. The
DeLorean was earmarked almost exclusivly for the U.S. market then and even
mundane every day transportation cars wern't selling. Certainly the British
government had a number of political reasons for ending the DeLorean
enterprise but they were also becoming anxious for a return on their
investment and that didn't look promising with the direction the worlds
economy was headed. British political rivals took advantage of this to cut
off funds to the company. In my opinion DeLorean fell victim to some very
unfortunate timing in this regard. A couple of years one way or the other
and we'd probably still see Delorean in business.

Bruce Benson

> Mike,
>
> I wanted to chime in about the molds for the Delorean's body. The way
I understand it is that when JZD came out of his first round of legal
battles he made mention of re-starting the company. What to keep in mind
here is that the conservative party in Britain (the Torries) is the main
reason for the initial collapse of the company.