New to DMC news list

I have been on the list for a week or so and have been looking at getting a
DeLorean off and on for the past 15 years. I like all the advice the owners
give each other and I was hoping for some advice for new buyers. I have been
looking through all the sale ads on the internet and there seems to be no
shortage of D's in all price ranges. Just curious why people sell...Lose
interest? cost? practicallity? There is an old addage in boating that the 2
happiest days of a boat owners life are the day he buys his boat and then
the day he sells it. I am hoping this is not the case here. I also noticed
alot have gone up for a sale in the past week...Is there a better time of
year to buy? I would also like to buy from someone who is known to the List
instead of a stranger...Thanks in advance for any help

Mike C,
Baltimore