Re: low voltage, battery light on

To Andy and the List,

To locate three major ground connections read message # 13558. Then
print it out for future reference.

While you're at it read message # 16319 about the trailing arm bolts.

I have had no major problems with ground connections but I thought
they may need a cleaning anyway.

The first one I tackled was the battery ground connection. I
proceeded to remove the bolt and the bracket it was holding in place
moved enough that I couldn't put the bolt back in. I put a jack
stand under the right rear rotor to take the weight off of the
trailing arm. Then I loosened the trailing arm bolt. This allowed
me to put the negative ground bolt back in. Message # 16319 says to
torque the trailing arm bolt using 55 FT/LBS WITH THE FULL WEIGHT OF
THE CAR ON THE SUSPENSION.

This is exactly what I did. The other ground connections I'll tackle
another day.

Mark R. Vanyo
Still living the dream. VIN # 02261
Lic OUTATYM
Seattle, WA

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
Hey guys,

anyone have any idea on what to do or check out? i don't know the
first thing in troubleshooting this problem, but i can follow
anyone's directions or ideas. someone suggested checking the front
ground strap - where is that located? i checked the parts manual and
it was quite ambiguous as to the "front ground strap".

thanks a lot!
Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596