Re: [DML] delayed acceleration problem

Walt, I'm sure you know this but I just thought I would say it any way. The
02 sensor monitors the exhaust and will enrich or lean the system by sending
the voltage to the Lambda ECU system then the FV. If the FV isn't getting the
signal, then you were most likley running rich which it is supposed to do.
The louder it gets the harder it 's working to put more pressure on the lower
chamber of the fuel dist to lean the gas. With you finding a bad connector,
the system may have been running rich and has contimanted the 02 and needs to
be replaced. Also, the CPR as you know puts an opposing pressure on the
control plunger to keep it from chattering or going up and down to lean or
enrich the system. My first thing then would be to adjust the air flow meter
to compenstae for the 02 now being contaminated and when you put a new one
in, the readjust back to the way it should be.
John
http://www.specialtauto.com/