Re: Gratitude followed by fuel fileter question

Re: Gratitude followed by fuel fileter question

The fuel filter is located under the car on the drivers side right
near the rear wheel. If you go under the car (from under the door
area) and work your way back you'll see it just behind and up from
the rear driver side wheel (right next to the crossover exhaust pipe)
I took a picture of where it will be and posted it in the Files
section, I hope it's clear enough:
I named it Location.jpg. In case the link dosn't work, go to the
files section and look for Bosch fuel filter.
Just one word of Caution....if you use the Bosch Fuel filter...DO NOT
OVER TIGHTEN IT....you'll cut off/restrict the flow of the fuel and
you will have a no start problem resulting from it. The trick is to
use some Teflon tape (I got the yellow kind that is fuel resistive
from Home Depot but the regular white one should suffice). Use
something small enough to fit into the "input side" of the new fuel
filter to measure how far in that black bubble is. Then mark off for
reference on the threaded nipple (black permanent ink marker) so you
don't go that far in. Thread it on by hand just a little and Tighten
down the top banjo fitting to torque spec. Run the fuel pump (don't
start the car). Check for leaks...if there is a leak then tighten it
a little by hand until it doesn't leak. You may need to loosen
the
Banjo fitting when turning the filter to tighten it. Once you have it
where it's not leaking then try starting her up. If your D has a hard
time starting (and it didn't before) you may have tightened it to
much and the threaded nipple on the input side of the filter may be
pressing against or is to close to that black bubble restricting fuel
flow. I'm using the Purolator filter that doesn't have that black
bubble in it and you don't have to worry about over tightening it.
You can check out the pictures (and part number of the Purolator
filter) on the Files page: