Re: [DML] Highest price for Stainless Steel Illusion?

Re: [DML] Highest price for Stainless Steel Illusion?

In a message dated 8/5/01 12:38:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Whalt@xxxx
writes:

> Has anyone been keeping track of what an excellent copy of SSI is worth?
> There is currently one on eBay for $192.50. I think this is the highest I
> have ever seen one go for. Sheesh! Is there any progress made on getting
> the publisher to make new copies?

I've seen them go for in the high two hundreds range. The plates still exist
to reprint it. A person willing to bankroll the full cost of the reprint is
what's lacking. It would cost tens of thousands to print, for an item that
would sell very slowly. Nobody would pay two hundred-plus dollars anymore for
an item they could get new for $50.

-Wayne
11174