Re: uninvited "guests" (was Car Shows)

Jason Rowe wrote:

> [snip] My problem/questiom is since one of the unique
> things about the car is the doors abviously so I leave
> them up but what I found is that people are not that
> respectful about cars when your at a festival and not
> just a car show itself. I had 3 people help themselves
> to sit inside my car even with the Please Look but
> Don't Touch sign in the window.

I've had even worse happen to my car while on display at Warner Brothes Movie
World in Germany; I had the doors CLOSED and I had armed my alarm, thinking it
would lock the doors. However on rare occasions my righthand side door doesn't
latch properly so the lock won't come on on that side. Because of my LockZilla
the other door doesn't lock either (this is supposed to be this way), but the
alarm does arm itself.
I was checking out the other DeLoreans that were there (have a look at
<http://home.planet.nl/~perotti/dcn/engels/d_evenement20010623.html> or go to
<http://www.delorean.nl> and click "News" on the right menu in the English
version; it's the topmost article) when I heard my alarm going off.
It turned out a couple of people had opened my doors to help themselves inside!!!

With someone else's car they were allowed to sit inside, but were specifically
told NOT to touch anything. You can't imagine how many times I heard his horns
sound or saw the hazardlights or headlights come on...

I have to be honest: we were inside a movie-themepark, so I guess it could have
looked like part of the park, but even then I wouldn't think of climbing in
unless it was obviously allowed...

> would it be considered "rude" or "stuck up" or something
> like that if I was to maybe put something like yellow
> caution tape across the door opening to try and keep people
> out or what? Does anyone else do anything like this?

I found a great gadget for keeping people off of your seat at
<http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/cat_saver.htm>

On a more serious note I think I'm going to put two pieces of red/white plastic
link chain in my car to put between the strikerpins when my car is on display.
Roping off an area around the car is a bit too much if you ask me, but guarding
your property agains harm can't be held against you...

Enjoy your car, that's most important!

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000