Re: [DML] SS Fascias and headlights

It's great that people are coming up with alternatives/updates for
our D's but I question the necessity to have SS fascia made? You will
have no impact absorption at all and the littlest fender bender will
create more damage to the car than with the original flexible plastic
ones such as possible damage to the rear quarter panels and/or the
front fenders (and since the driver side fender is so rare and
expensive I wouldn't take that chance). The originals were designed
to absorb up to I believe a 30 MPH "bump" test. I doubt that the SS
ones will be able to withstand any MPH bump test without damaging the
quarter panels/fenders. It'll be the equivalent of driving a
Pinto...hoping you never get rear-ended (or hit from the front). If
you look at other car models made they all have a plastic front and
rear or (the old cars at least) some have some type of shock absorber
built into the bumpers.
Steve