Re: [DML] Twin Turbo Delorean 4 sale

Comparing a car like this to one from either DMC Houston or D-1 is
kinda apples to oranges. Honestly, I have never seen a car by either
service center in person. But from what I have read on both companies
web sites, they either rebuild or refurbish a DeLorean specificly for
the customer commisioning the work. Now leaving their competative
prices out of this, I don't see where this twin turbo is a good buy.
It's a demo car w/9K+ miles. Demo cars are usually driven by people
who are looking to buy a particular car, and want to drive one of
that type first. That also means they can be abused because people
who drive them don't usually care. Now I'm not saying this car is
nessisarily this way, because I don't know a thing about it's
history, let alone it's current physical condition. I am however
basing that asumption on my past dealings with buying a demo car
(differant make). Yes this car is almost the same price as one from
DMC Houston, but it doesn't come with a warranty.

I also don't see how the vehicle never being titled should add to
it's value. In storage since new, up on blocks, never driven, plastic
on seats, all docutmentation verbaly and on paper? In THAT case,
sure, then I would say this would be a steal price. But, never
titled, 9K+ miles, possibly driven by many people? Doesn't sound
right. The big question here is why was this car never titled? Since
this car has seen pavement a few times, and is/was used as a demo, it
can't be to keep it in original condition. Perhaps after getting twin
turbos installed, the car couldn't pass emissions testing, so
slapping a dealer plate on it to avoid testing was the only way to
keep it "leagaly" on the road.

Just a thought...

-Robert
vin 6585