[DML] Nylon tie wraps

Les!

I would not recommend using a nylon tie wrap for such important fastening
purposes.

Nylon, also known as "Polyamide" is not resistant to weathering. It will get
brittle and fail. Depending on the amount of weathering and the mechanical
stress on the tie wrap, it may take some years till this happens, but when
it happens, you wish you hadn't used it.

The nylons normally used for tie wraps are PA6 and PA6.6

For further info on Polyamide etc.:
http://www.goodfellow.com/static/A/P.HTML

I would recommend a stainless hose clamp or a stainless tie wrap.

bye,

Ralf.